Important dates for DISCOVERY: Georgia State Honors College Undergraduate Research Journal
- Paper submissions due by September 5, 2014
- Authors will be notified of editorial decision by September 25, 2014
- Revisions will be due October 15, 2014
- Final editorial decisions will be made by November 14, 2014
- Submitted work must be accepted original research that was presented at GSURC 2014 by Honors undergraduate students
- Work completed in Honors Course 3260 (Honors Colloquium) will also be considered for publication
- Must have been enrolled at Georgia State University in Spring semester 2014
- Maximum number of submissions limited to 2 per student
- A faculty sponsor is required for all submitted work. The faculty sponsor must agree to assist the author with the peer review process.
- Submissions will be evaluated in a double-blind review process. All identifying information must be removed from the submission, including author name(s), email addresses, et cetera. Required identifying information will be entered on the electronic submission page.
- Text submissions must be in .doc or .docx format.
- Paper submissions must be between 2000-6000 words, double spaced with 250-300 word abstract. Submissions with more or less content will be considered under certain circumstances. This word count does not include references. All submissions must not have footnotes; please convert all footnotes to endnotes.
- Creative exhibits or artistic works must be accompanied by a 250-300 word abstract.
- Font size 12
- Times New Roman Font
- APA format for references (in-text and on reference page)
If you have concerns about the submission terms for DISCOVERY: Georgia State Honors College Undergraduate Research Journal, please contact the editors.
Figures, Images and Tables
Images (drawing, paintings, photography, graphs, charts, formulas, etc.) must be submitted in a separate electronic file, either TIFF or PNG format for all color images. Black and white images are acceptable in JPEG form, but only at a resolution of 350 GPI or higher. Figures or illustrations should contain titles or legends where necessary.
For additional information about how to submit separate figures, charts, graphs or illustrations with your manuscript, please consult this tutorial.