Submission process for DISCOVERY: Georgia State Honors College Undergraduate Research Journal
- As of January 1, 2016, DISCOVERY operates on a rolling submission schedule.
- Submissions are typically assigned to reviewers within one week
- Reviews are typically completed within two weeks of assignment
- Volumes are typically published once per calendar year, but additional issues may be required to accommodate increasing submissions
- Submissions for consideration for the 2017 issue should be submitted by January 13, 2017. However, as submissions are rolling, you may submit after that date.
- Submitted work must be original research conducted by Honors undergraduate students
- Work presented at the Georgia State Undergraduate Research Conference will be considered for publication
- Work completed in Honors Course 3260 (Honors Colloquium) will also be considered
- Student authors must have been enrolled at Georgia State University in the semester prior to submission
- Maximum number of submissions limited to 2 per student
- A faculty sponsor is required for all submitted work. The faculty sponsor must agree to assist the author with the peer review process.
- Submissions will be evaluated in a double-blind review process. All identifying information must be removed from the submission, including author name(s), email addresses, et cetera. Required identifying information will be entered on the electronic submission page.
- Text submissions must be in .doc or .docx format.
- Paper submissions must be between 2000-6000 words, double spaced with 250-300 word abstract. Submissions with more or less content will be considered on a case-by-case basis. This word count does not include references. All submissions must not have footnotes; please convert all footnotes to endnotes.
- Creative exhibits or artistic works must be accompanied by a 250-300 word abstract.
- Font size 12
- Times New Roman Font
- APA format for references (in-text and on reference page)
If you have concerns about the submission terms for DISCOVERY: Georgia State Honors College Undergraduate Research Journal, please contact the editors.
Figures, Images and Tables
Images (drawing, paintings, photography, graphs, charts, formulas, etc.) must be submitted in a separate electronic file, either TIFF or PNG format for all color images. Black and white images are acceptable in JPEG form, but only at a resolution of 350 GPI or higher. Figures or illustrations should contain titles or legends where necessary.
For additional information about how to submit separate figures, charts, graphs or illustrations with your manuscript, please consult this tutorial.